"There is sunshine in my soul today!"

"There is sunshine in my soul today!"

Why Church movies are so great 7/18/16

So, as you know, I always love to talk about Lília and Gleyson!! We ran into some problems with the cartório, but we should be able to straighten them out this week and get their wedding all ready for August! They are reading lots and lots in the Book of Mormon and loving it! (I think Lília is just about done with 1 Nephi, Fernanda is in chapter 14 and Gleyson is still in the first few chapters). They all started to ask lots of questions about Joseph Smith's life, after the first vision. So... we decided to borrow "Joseph Smith, the Prophet of the Restoration" from some members. Lília couldn't contain her excitement and watched it during the week (they watched it as a family yesterday after church). She said that she couldn't stop crying throughout the whole movie. I feel so blessed to know this amazing family!
As for the rest of our week, it was a little rough... a few investigators decided that they didn't want to hear any more, one of our investigator's moms expelled us from her house... but that's just the way it is sometimes!! Sister Lima and I are super excited to find lots of people this week that are going to want to hear about the gospel! (Side note: Sister Lima is awesome. Love her so much!!)
Sorry I don't have too much news this week! Love you all so much!!
Sister Dickerson

And I almost forgot: Yesterday we were almost kidnapped! A woman stopped us and asked about the church, and asked if we could talk more in the shade; when we got there, there was a car waiting (WHAT??), but inside there was a family from Paragominas that I love sooooo much! (I call them Mom and Dad and they call me daughter. :D) They were pulling a trick on us! Yep, now that's all I've got. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment