"There is sunshine in my soul today!"

"There is sunshine in my soul today!"

Um dos batismos mais lindos de minha vida 9/19/16

That's right everyone, Lília and Gleyson were baptized this Saturday!! It was a much expected event--nearly the whole ward came. Jhennyfer, a little eight-year-old girl, was also baptized with them. Jhennyfer's mom and stepdad are members, but she lived with her dad, who is strongly against the Church, until about three months ago. When her mom, Inês, was finally able to get the right to have Jhennyfer live with her, she asked us to teach her the missionary lessons to prepare her to be baptized. She is really a special little girl. :) The service was so beautiful. I went into the bathroom to help Lília, and when I entered she was leaning on the sink, praying and crying. I went to the door and watched Jhennyfer's baptism and looked back at Lília. She had fallen to her knees and was crying more than ever. When she left the water she couldn't stop crying and we stayed there, in a big, wet, group hug with Sister Lima, Fernanda, and Amanda, a member that helped us a lot teaching her. It was so beautiful! She said she had never felt so overpowered by the Spirit in her life. And I think we all were. Afterwards, Sister Lima and I sang our own version of "Come Thou Fount" in Portuguese and English (I don't know how, we were all crying...). I loved the day sooooo much.
Ah, and transfers! So I'm staying here in Providência again. Fourth transfer, and the first time that I'll be staying with a companion for three transfers! It's a good thing that I love Sister Lima hahaha.
As for the rest of our week, we visited a pretty cool park on our last p-day with lots of birds and the Belém lighthouse--neat, right? And Sílvia finally went to church!! And said that she is going to stop drinking coffee, since "it's a sin." Love golden investigators. :) Also, we heard an AMAZING talk about the gift of the Holy Ghost yesterday. The best explained that I have ever heard in my life. Loved it!
I'm running out of time, like always, but I love you all so much and pray for you daily!
Sister Dickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment