"There is sunshine in my soul today!"

"There is sunshine in my soul today!"

Amo minha filha! 7/4/16

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!! Whoo-hoo!! I made Sister Lima, my "daughter" wear red, white and blue today. We are in the spirit!

I don't have much time today, but firstly, do you all remember that wonderful family of ten people in Santarém that I always talked about? Well Sister Custódio wrote me today and sent me pictures of the their baptism!!! Luciene, Gilberto, Joeldson, Joene, Jaciene, and Madson were all baptized on Saturday!! How wonderful is that?? But I felt very, very surprised when I heard that Luciene separated from her husband, Joaquim. He didn't wanted to be baptized, and they all did, so they separated. Just thinking about the faith of Luciene and her family... I couldn't believe it. I've been praying for this family since the day that I left Santarém... wow. They have a faith I have never seen before.

Real quick, this week was great! I picked up my new comp., Sister Lima. She's from João Pessoa, but her family is currently living in Rio. She's awesome!! Super excited!! We have been having a blast. The work is still going a little slow here. Especially since it turns out that Ana lost her birth certificate... so her wedding is going to take a bit longer. but besides that we are doing well. Lília also received her confirmation of the truth of the gospel this week! She bore her testimony in Gospel Principles this week!! She was studying about the Plan of Salvation, about exaltation, when the Spirit touched her heart. She said that she couldn't stop crying. And the first thing that she did was call Gleyson, to tell her that she knew, beyond a doubt, that this gospel is true. It was such a special experience for us!!

Love you all so much!! 
Sister Dickerson



No comments:

Post a Comment