"There is sunshine in my soul today!"

"There is sunshine in my soul today!"

Stake Conference, Lília's prayer 10/24/16

Yesterday was stake conference here as well! We were blessed to have Elder Markus Aidukaitis and Elder Moroni Torgan of the Seventy visiting us to reorganize the stake presidency. President Oliveira (who is pretty much our best friend here haha) finished up nine years of service as stake president. The new presidency is made up of very young individuals, and when they all bore their testimony we felt very strongly that they really were called of God. The talks that we heard were full of faith, hope, and happiness--how when we build on the rock of Christ (Helaman 5:12) and keep the commandments (Mosiah 2:41) we are blessed true happiness--a taste of what is to come in the eternities. :) Our mission president, Presidente Stasevskas, also talked about the power of faith and the plan of salvation. I love him and Sister Stasevskas so much! They are just like parents away from home. :) Also, sidenote: Elder Aidukaitis's laugh is hilarious! And afterwards, when we met him, he told me that he had been to Minnesota twice, and both times it was 20 degrees below zero. haha
Lília was asked to give the closing prayer a few weeks ago and she was so neverous! But wow, when she prayed, I felt the Spirit so strongly that I started to cry! And many other people told her the same thing--including Elder Aidukaitis. She thanked God for the Atonement, for a living prophet and apostles, and asked for strength and guidance to share the plan of happiness with others. :) Gleyson also received the Melchezedek Priesthood afterwards, which we were able to witness. I know that I talk about this family alllllllll the time, but honestly, I don't think I have ever felt more love for someone on my mission. Seeing their conversion was one of the greatest miracles I have ever witnessed.
As for the rest of our week, we had a few ups and downs, but the work is going forward! Ana's birth certificate has been delayed (AGAIN), but hopefully it will be ready the end of this week so that we can start the process of her and Esmeraldino's wedding. Loren started to read the Book of Mormon, Marimar as well (AND she confirmed her baptismal date). And the rest of the crew as well. On Wednesday we had divisions and Sister Colussi came and spent the day with me (she was one of my comps in Paragominas last year--love her so much!!).
I hope everything is going will!! I pray for you all daily! Remember that it's the small and simple acts of faith that bring miracles--scripture study, prayer, obedience, etc.
Love you bunches!
Sister Dickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment