"There is sunshine in my soul today!"

"There is sunshine in my soul today!"

8/29/16

I wanted to start off today telling you about a conversation I had with Neide, the bishop's wife, yesterday. Love her so much. She was telling me about some of the experiences she had on her mission in São Paulo years ago, and mentioned how much beautiful it is to see people through the eyes of our Heavenly Father. At home, I remember a few times in the temple when I looked at the elderly people serving there and thought, "Wow, they are so beautiful." Here, it's amazing, it seems that we can look at the people in the street and already love them, already seeing their divine potential. I really do love the people here. And I know that this isn't something exclusively for missionaries--we all can feel the pure love of Christ, if we try to see God's children through His eyes.
Right, but I had a few cool experiences that I wanted to tell you all real quick! First off, we started teaching Max, who is dating a less active member. He already had gone to church a few times in another ward and was taught by some elderes more that four months ago. Usually when you teach past investigators, they remember a few things vaguely, but not much. But wow! When we started to teach about the first vision, he interrupted us and told us everything he remembered, which was a lot. He was practically glowing as he told us. He said that he has some addictions (smoking, drinking), but he realllllllyyyy wants to get over them and be baptized. So that was pretty neat. :) We also started teaching his neighbor, Sílvia, one day when he wasn't home. She's from Mato Grosso (another state in Brazil) and said that her DREAM is to be baptized by immersion. Also, another tender mercy. :)
Also, every one here is trying to fatten us up and is constantly giving us food. No complaints here! On Sunday we literally didn't eat anything at home. Gospel Principles was about the word of wisdom and Neide prepared a delicious healthy breakfast for everyone, we had lunch with the bishop, the elderes gave us cookies, and there were even refreshments at ward council that night. #Blessed
Love you all so much, I pray for you daily!
Sister Dickerson
Also, if you are looking for something to study this week: Mosiah 14 and 15 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment