"There is sunshine in my soul today!"

"There is sunshine in my soul today!"

Vamos ter um casamento aqui!! 8/1/16

That's right!!! We FINALLY managed to get Lília and Gleyson's wedding in the process!! We went to the cartório three times with them--the first time there was a problem with the money, the second the didn't want to accept Lília's birth certificate, and on the third it all worked out! They went to a cartório (sorry, I'm really not sure how that word translates--it's the place where you work out birth certificates and marriage licenses...) in Belém super early on Friday to get a new birth certificate, and about 10 AM picked us up to go to the cartório in Ananindeua. The first available date was September 10--but I think I'll still be here in the area on that day to see the wedding and baptism! I'm soooooo excited! I love this family so much. I don't think I have ever met a family so dedicated and so prepared to hear the gospel. And the best part about it all with them is that they know that baptism isn't the end goal. They are already making plans to go to the Recife temple in November next year and be sealed for all eternity. :D (Here's a great quote from Gleyson this week: casamento eterno = festa eterna). The bishop gave them a few pictures to hang in their house on Sunday--one of Jesus Christ, one of the Recife temple, and "The Family: A Proclamation to the World." Needless to say, they were very excited.
Fernanda (their daughter), went to an encampment this week and loved it! She also saw a baptism there. She is finally starting to pray with real intent (I even saw her praying during the sacrament), and I have no doubt that she will receive her answer soon. :D
We found lots of new investigators this week, and slowly but surely we are finding those who really have interest in hearing about the gospel. My favorites were one young man, Jordan, who always asked himself why there are so many churches and so many different doutrines. His eyes lit up when he heard the message of the Restoration. Also, we started teaching a family, Vánia and Ricardo, that have two young sons. They are such a special family! They contacted US in the street and asked us to teach them. Needless to say, we love them very much. :)
I love you all so much and pray for you daily! :)
Sister Dickerson
Fotos--I made the most delicious brownies of my life last Monday, and here are some pretty flowers that grow EVERY WHERE here. They brighten up my day. :D






No comments:

Post a Comment