"There is sunshine in my soul today!"

"There is sunshine in my soul today!"

Halloween!

Actually, people don't celebrate Halloween here... but Sister Colussi and I did. :) On Saturday on our way home we bought a small pumpkin (I had a lot of fun making the jack-o-lantern :) ). We also found an old sheet and made a ghost--you can never go wrong with a classic. :) I think it's a good lesson of the spirit world... with the gospel being preached to the dead and all (see Peter 3:19-20 haha).

Overall this week was... crazy. To be perfectly honest I've been feeling quite a bit of stress. However, it is so amazing how the Lord places little miracles along the way to lighten our load! On Saturday a guy stopped us in the street and said that he had a friend in Belém who is a member. She had said to stop the missionaries because they had something really special to give him. We took down his address and invited him to church, and he came!!! (Trust me folks, this doesn't happen). His name is Everson, and he's an eleito!!! He liked church a lot, and when we taught the restoration afterwards and invited him to be baptized, he was so excited. :) We also taught his friend and sister, and I think it was the first time I heard someone, without hestitation say "Of course!" when we asked if they would be baptized if they received an answer to their prayer. Foi bom demais!

The hardest thing about this week was that my favorite investigator decided that she isn't strong enough to keep the commandments... so we had to cut her from our investigator pool. It was so hard to do... but when a person doesn't want to change, there isn't much we can do. However, I know that, at least, I planted a seed. And she knows this church is true, and when she decides to change, she knows where to go. :) 

Anyhow... my mind went blank about the other things I wanted to say. So I'll just leave it at that. Love you all!


-Sister Dickerson






No comments:

Post a Comment