"There is sunshine in my soul today!"

"There is sunshine in my soul today!"

Semana de Milagres!

Every time I start an email my mind goes blank. Where to begin...

This week we had a zone meeting (finally!! Because we live four hours from Castanhal, we only have the meeting one time per month). It was really nice to see other missionaries finally! We had lots of role-plays, practices and such... it was nice. The only thing I have to complain about is that Sister Colussi and I slept in the house of the Sisters in Castanhal, where the mosquitos were awful... we didn't sleep until about 4 AM. But oh well, we slept on the way back!

Because of our zone meeting, Sister Colussi and I were a little stressed out, since we had to go two days without working. We didn't know how we were going to reach all of our goals, teach all of our investigators, and find new investigators... That's where the miracles started! On Saturday we went on splits with two young women to recuperate the work. Sister C. went into a neighborhood that we had never tracted before, and I went with Elica to visit some of our investigators. Somehow, along the road, we found two new families that are GOLDEN. When Elica and I entered the first house, we asked Maria Lucilene if she wanted to invite her husband to participate. She called him and her three sons. I have never seen a family so intent and focused in a lesson,  or so grateful for a message. Maria cried. It was such a tender experience.

The other miracle is that we are working on two weddings at the moment! Marisa and Eliasafe (we've been teaching them for about a month now) are going to marry here in Paragominas--probably in December or January because it takes longer here. Another investigator, Rosilene, is going to get married this week, through Barcarena (it's a little complicated to explain), so that she can be baptized next week!! I've never seen someone with so much desire to be baptized. She said that it is her dream to be baptized and be born again. :)

Also, yesterday we were teaching Everson and we stopped to talk to his neighbor, do Carmo. She said that the night before she had prayed for the Lord to show her the right way, and that we were that answer to her prayers. We invited her to watch a session of conference with us in the chapel, and she loved it!

Honestly, I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for answering my prayers. He really does hear us. He really does help us. We only have to look to seek His hand. He is always placing people in our paths that need our help--don't be afraid to open your mouth and be an instrument in His hands!

Love you all!


Sister Dickerson







No comments:

Post a Comment