"There is sunshine in my soul today!"

"There is sunshine in my soul today!"

"Be of Good Cheer"

Hmm... Where to start... This week was pretty good, I'd say. (Just about every week is pretty good on the mission). I think first I want to start with my favorite part--people recognizing answers to their prayers! I believe it was on Tuesday or Wednesday, but we visited five or six investigators just to follow up on the commitments we gave them last time. What was so cool was to hear each and every one of them talk about how they felt when they prayed. Each of them described the good, peaceful feelings that they felt praying and reading the Book of Mormon. Ahh!! I love this gospel! It is so true. I know that any person who prays in faith, with an open heart, will receive an answer because this gospel is soooo true. 

But you know how I love to say that everything comes in opposites? One investigator, Geovane, who was supposed to be baptized this week got appendicitis, so he's recovering... And Vitoria's dad also had to go to the hospital Sunday morning, so she wasn't able to come to church either... So her baptism will have to be next week too. And two of my favorite investigators who already have a testimony of the Book of Mormon keep flaking out on church... ugh. On Sunday, as we were waiting for investigators to come to church, I was feeling pretty low. But!! My wonderful companion started talking about good cheer. :) We do our part; the Lord does His; and the people have to do theirs as well. I'm working as hard as I can, so that will have to be enough. :)

For fun little tidbits of the week, it was my companion's birthday on Friday! She's 24 now. We ate lots of great food. :) And I learned that icecream is super expensive here. And we're singing in the branch choir here (you know how I love music. :) )

That's about it for this week! I love you all so much! Remember to "be of good cheer--the future is as bright as your faith." (Pres. Monson). And remeber to work with the missionaries! Missionary work is the union of member missionaries and fulltime missionaries. :D

Love you all!

Sister Dickerson







No comments:

Post a Comment