"There is sunshine in my soul today!"

"There is sunshine in my soul today!"

Two months today!

Wow, it's really weird to think that I've been a missionary for two months now... And I'm happy to say that I survived another week here in Brazil. :) 

You know that scripture in 2 Nephi that says that there is opposition in all things? That was this week... We had two glorious weeks and then this one. Nearly all of our appointments fell through; none of our investigators came to church; my companion had to go to the hospital; and I got a cold/virus. How fun. 

However, I don't want you to think that I'm down in the dumps because I'm not! I'm still loving the mission. I think it was really good for me to have a week like this because it made me appreciate more the highlights of the week, the experiences I have already had, and the quite moments throughout the day in which I can rest! We learn through hard things, and we grow through our trials! And even though this week was a little difficult, it was still a good week because I'm serving the Lord.

I do want to share with you a little story about a 17-year-old that we are teaching named Henrrique. He was a referral from one of the people here in the ward, Yago, who actually just left to serve a mission in Portugal. Henrrique is so special. The other night, we were teaching him the law of chastity, and I felt prompted to mention eternal marriage. It was so powerful! We had a member, Felipe, with us and he shared his testimony and feelings about the power of the temple. The next day we (finally) found Henrrique's mom. It was so clear that she had been prepared by the Lord to hear our message. As we talked to her about her son and his faith, she began to cry. She shared her feelings of faith and confusion with all the churches here (There are seriously ten churches on every block). It was SO special. I love this gospel and I love this work!

Also, we had stake conference yesterday! So that was great. And last night I got to watch the Testaments with a family of recent converts. That was really special, too. I still think that movie is super cheesy... but I love how it truly testifies of the Savior. He lives and He loves us!!

Love you all,

Sister Dickerson

This is Yago--he left Wednesday to serve in the Lisbon, Portugal mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment