"There is sunshine in my soul today!"

"There is sunshine in my soul today!"

Brasil Belém--Missão de Milagres!

Òla!!

If I don't have time to respond to everyone's personal emails... my apologies. Time is short!

This week was pretty great! I'm gradually learning more and more about the language, culture, and my purpose as a missionary. I think I'm just going to skip to the good stuff--

We had another baptism!! His name is Cleiton; he is 13 years old! We met him my first day here, as he is Yarlei's cousin. He is honestly such a great example of faith; it's a gift of the Spirit to be able to believe so readily without doubts, and he has it! Getting to know him as been such a blessing! On the day of his baptism he was 40 minutes late... which of course caused us much anxiety! However, when we went to his house to get him, we found out that he had wanted to be as presentable as possible. He had even parted his hair; he was practically jumping for excitement as we walked to the chapel. :)

Let's see... other miracles... We were tracting and came across some very special people. One is Anderson; he told us that he already had a testimony of the Book of Mormon and the Church, his only problem was going to church! So we're working with him to get him there. We also met a woman named Gleicy who is married (legally--super rare here) and super excited to learn! She already has lots of member friends! Also there are Rosa and her son Jonathan; we taught the Restoration for them. The Spirit was soooo strong. So strong. I'm really excited for them.

Honestly, all of our investigators here are wonderful. The people here are so open and receptive. Their only problem is commitments. It's difficult to get them to actually follow through... but ya know, agency and all. One huge help here has been the ward. Cabanagem has one of the best wards I have ever seen! They have activities almost every night; the members love to fellowship and work with us! It is soooo great! I'm making lots of friends in the primary. Currently all the little girls call me "Elsa" or "Frozen." It's pretty funny to be an American here...

Oh! This was a fun experience. One night we were teaching Yarlei and Cleiton in the street when all these little kids gathered round to hear the lesson. It was so special! Afterwards they were swarming us... saying "Hello" and "gracias"... It was difficult to get to our next appointment!

Honestly, I love this gospel. Some days are hard. Some days I feel really homesick, but I know that I'm doing the Lord's work! And I'm honestly so blessed. For one, the food here is amazing.

Love you all so much!!

Sister Dickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment