"There is sunshine in my soul today!"

"There is sunshine in my soul today!"

04/11/16

Right, it's going to be nice and quick this week because I don't have too much to report! This week was good, but rather routine as well. The highlights are that we started teaching two new couples that are legally married (this hardly EVER happens here!), Darlene is super excited about her baptism next Saturday, and there was a transfer this week and I am still sticking around in Santarém. (Going on 5 months already here!) Ah! And Sister Custódio tried her first real açaí!! (Here in Pará we eat it pure--almost like a smoothie. in the rest of Brazil it's more like icecream). She didn't like it one bit... but you have to eat it a few times to get used it it. I love açaí! But it is rather bitter... I'm debating whether or not to bring some for you guys... And we made brownies and cake on Thursday for our zone leader who finished his mission this week. I don't like saying goodbye to good friends, mas faz parte! He had already stayed one more transfer than he was supposed to, so it was clearly a hora dele. 

We also had stake conference! Presidente and Sister Stasevskas visited us!! I LOVE it when they give talks! It is so PODEROSO!! They talked about the importance of member missionaries and helping us in the work. It was great! Definitely needed... So I would just like to remind you all to do all that you can to help the missionaries! They are doing the Lord's work and strengthening YOUR ward. Usually they won't ask much--just to go teaching with them. It is something so simple that really does produce miracles. Preach My Gospel teaches that when members are involved in the process of teaching an investigator, more people are baptized, confirmed, and continue to be faithful members for their whole lives. Just ask them when you can visit with them, or invite them to bring an investigator over for FHE. The little things go a long way. :)

Love you all so much! I pray for you all daily!
Sister Dickerson


"Santificai-vos hoje, porque amanhã, o Senhor fará maravilhas no meio de vós." - Elder Holland





No comments:

Post a Comment